Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Posted: September 20, 2018
Oaklands Global are now recruiting a Vice President of Material Management to join a global leading Aircraft Leasing client based in the EU.
This is a key role in configuring aircraft. The VP will be responsible for the management of senior members of the Material Management team and Purchasing assistants. You will also be responsible for the configuration, negotiation and procurement activities for airframe specification changes on transitioning aircraft.
Responsibilities will involve:
• Manage client, vendor and manufacturer relationships
• Develop new aircraft programs
• Attend configuration and technical meetings for new aircraft programs
• Manage issues between the airframe manufacturer and vendor
• Negotiate general terms agreements with vendors
• Identify offers that meet aircraft schedules and pricing objectives for new and used aircraft by reviewing quotes and lead-time information from suppliers
• Work with clients to configure requirements and provide cost updates as requested
• Work with other departments to investigate and promptly resolve all identified problems
Requirements for this position:
• Degree Business Administration or Aviation related
• 10 years experience related procurement and program management experience
• Previously worked for an aircraft lessor preferred alternatively an airline, vendor, OEM background will be considered
• 5 years supervisory/management experience
• Must have strong
• Must have a clear understanding and knowledge of airworthiness requirements (FAA/WASA/CAAC) along with compliance processes
• Knowledge of OEM and the supplier industry
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Kathryn Sainsbury in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.