Job Type: Permanent
Category: Licensed Engineers & Mechanics
Job Reference: BH1545
Posted: October 25, 2018
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Systems Engineer on behalf of our market leading VTOL client based in Karlsruhe, Germany. This is a permanent position and we are looking for someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Systems Engineer you will be experienced in the development of complex systems. You have substantial experience in system modelling and simulation, requirements engineering and running a comprehensive verification and validation process (V Model). Within a multi-disciplinary team, you develop performance and functional simulation models of the client’s systems and validate them by means of measured results. In addition, you create and manage a comprehensive requirement catalogue at aircraft level.
• Development of simulation models that enable the analysis of design changes (e.g. new motor), or the feasibility of certain flight profiles.
• Validation of the simulation models based on measurements data
• Requirements management at flight control level (including functional, safety, and performance requirements)
• Management of the verification and validation activity (V Model)
• Close cooperation with all engineering disciplines (including flight test)
Key skills and experience
• Engineering degree (MSc, PhD)
• Professional experience in systems engineering for complex systems (e.g. automotive)
• Track record of successfully completed projects
• Proven ability to define simulation models of complex systems (MatLab, Simulink, Python, etc.)
• Formal training regarding systems engineering methods is a strong plus (e.g. INCOSE framework)
• Experience with systems engineering tools (e.g. DOORS, SysML, etc.)
• Ideally theoretical knowledge about flight physics or electrical systems
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.