Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: JT1541
Posted: October 16, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Supply Chain Operations Specialist on behalf of our reputable leading Aerospace client based in the Gatwick Area.
Positioned within the Integrated Operations Centre as part of the Supply Chain Team; the purpose of the role is to fulfil operational demands from our airline customers while working with the PPC Team Leader and peers to ensure the group are delivering operational performance in accordance with contracted targets (KPIs) and obligations.
Working closely and communicating with our airline customers providing detailed and confident feedback to all the demands to ensure all aspects of Materials, Procurement and Inventory Management are efficiently and effectively processed within the pre-determined parameters laid down by the Operations Manage.
Key Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Specialist are;
- To Act as a 24/7 point of contact for the airline customers within the Integrated Operations Centre, for all daily operational issues associated with service delivery.
- Process customer requests & workflow throughout the Operational Team in accordance.
- To assist with any customer backlogs within IMOPS, ensuring customer delays are kept to a minimum, whilst maintaining excellent communication with the customer, informing of potential alternative solutions & disruptions of supply.
- In the case of a Nil or Not stock situation within the inventory, Investigate the possible fulfilment of the open demand by expediting the Repair/Purchase Orders , FOC exchange with the Repair vendor. Review the system for alternatives, review relevant OEM websites for alternative that maybe able in stock. In the event the demand cannot be satisfied from the expedite process, then tender the market for the most cost efficient supply.
- Once the demand has been fulfilled by either an internal or external solution follow the demand through until shipping information has been provided by the freight forwarder.
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to James Townsend in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.