Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
Category: IT and Communications
Job Reference: BH1596
Posted: December 4, 2018
Software Engineer – C++/Java/Multi-threading/Embedded/Linux
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Software Engineer on behalf of our reputable UAV client based in Bedfordshire, UK. This is a permanent position and requires someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Your role will be to design, develop and test mission systems to support both experimental activities and product development.
– You will be responsible for delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work and writing and submitting any necessary documentation.
– General tasks related to business delivery (e.g. contributions to experimental procedures).
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
Essential skills and experience:
– Full lifecycle development
– Linux and Windows development
– Multi-threading experience
– Embedded software
– Real time robotics development
– Unit and Hardware-in-the-loop testing
– Service Orientated Architectures (SOA)
– Configuration management
– Agile methods (Scrum or similar)
– Avionics background
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.