Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Services Manager on behalf of one of our leading Aviation & Aerospace client based in London. This is a permanent role offering Hybrid working.
The Service Manager is a customer and partner-facing role for all matters relating to performance. The aim of the position is to ensure that technical issues experienced by the customer are promptly resolved and accurately communicated. The successful candidate will act as a customer-facing Technical Account Manager, coordinating with both suppliers and partners as required. Additionally, in coordination with Key Account Managers, you will also manage, any customer change requests.
As a point of contact for Airlines, you will:
- Act as a technical account manager to customers
- Ensure proper follow up of the technical inquiries raised by the customers, ensuring prompt follow up is provided by the team, and challenging answers to ensure their accuracy and understanding.
- Perform investigations related to the fleets for which you are responsible.
- Write technical requirements to focus on the work getting the full added value of your expertise.
- Support the transition from Program Management when new fleets or new platforms enter in commercial service.
- Deliver reporting and analysis requirements in a timely manner based upon coordination with Operations and Field Service Representatives.
- Coordinate reviews with the customers and/or with suppliers.
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities.
- Support the transition from Program Management when new fleets, new platforms, or new technologies enter in commercial service
- Follow up on internal action plans to improve Service performance and emphasize their benefits to the customer.
- Track Change Requests from your customers, reporting them internally and gathering the appropriate 360° impact assessment and costing.
- In understanding the existing issues, this position will contribute to the reporting of new occurrences and help with the investigation; this includes raising any concerns or suspicions of new issues internally.
- Be the voice of your customers and their passengers during internal meetings.
- As a coordinator between Airlines and Partners, you will:
- Contribute to building the support relationship with new partners and improve efficiencies in supporting existing partners, considering the scalability aspect under a mid- to long-term perspective.
- Coordinate investigations with external stakeholders when appropriate (terminal suppliers, ISP provider, IFE-C suppliers, etc.) and track resolution.
- Support the Partner day-to-day relation transition from Operations and/or Solutions teams when new fleets, new platforms, or new technologies enter in commercial service (during development and test phase the support relation often bypasses the normal support channel, strong involvement is mandatory to switch all stakeholders to the operational mode)
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical background with experience in at least one of the following areas: Aeronautics, Commercial aviation operations, Satellite communication
- Previous experience liaising with Value Added Resellers, Distribution Partners or OEMs
- Having a supporting mind-set with a strong willingness to help and to find solutions
- Clear and concise communication skills; ability to articulate technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build processes (simple and efficient)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines
- Quick thinking and delivery focused with a meticulous attention to detail
- Accustomed to working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working in a wholesale environment with channel partners
- Experience in Technical Account Management
- Experience in Supplier Management
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
|Job Category||Aviation & Aerospace|