Job Type: Permanent
Category: IT and Communications
Job Reference: CD2535
Posted: August 18, 2020
Oaklands Global is seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join the front-end engineering organisation of our client based in China. Your role will encompass defining and building the technical architecture to enable product features while staying agile and adaptable to the changing requirements of our client’s users. You will work closely with the other team members to reduce product stories into well-defined tasks to clearly scope the work and deliver incremental value every sprint.
We’re looking for candidates that have prior experience working in large multi-national and multi-functional teams. The ideal candidate can make sound technical decisions based on objective reasoning and can empower the overall team to perform more efficiently and cohesively.
You will be comfortable working closely with the product management team to build and deliver features and helping them to achieve their business goals by providing accurate time forecasts of work required.
Prior experience working in e-commerce is a plus but our client will consider candidates from all backgrounds if they display aptitude in learning working in new types of businesses.
- Take full responsibility for the delivery and quality of frontend development projects including those optimized for mobile devices.
- Champion code quality and readability, both internally and externally.
- Establish and promote best practices in CI/CD amongst many internal and external tools.
- Create tools and deployment systems that enable high feature velocity and improve developer quality of life.
- Define and set up monitoring systems and instrument application metrics; monitoring them for prediction/detection of failures.
- Experiment with emerging technologies, create prototypes and explain to a broader non-technical audience the value and impact of the emerging technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a Full Stack / Front End developer.
- Experience with HTML/CSS and ensuring cross-browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with Linux/Git.
- Familiarity with Alibaba Cloud.
- Experience building responsive web applications.
- Experience developing high-load / high-traffic front-end applications.
- Able to communicate technical decisions clearly to internal and external team members
- Experience building and shipping WeChat mini programs.
- Significant knowledge about cloud technology, including deployments, functions, and load balancing.
- Significant experience with backend technologies like Node.js, the Go programming language, relational and NoSQL based databases.
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts including DNS, HTTP, WebSockets, and CORS.
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.