Job Type: Permanent
Category: Design & Development, IT and Communications
Job Reference: CD1647
Posted: January 17, 2019
Senior RF Over Optics Design Engineer
Oakland Global is working with a leading organisation specialising in Satellite and Telecommunications systems around the world. Our client is currently looking for a Senior RF Over Optics Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
This role is going to be suited more to candidates looking for a hands-on engineering type position.
• Hardware design for RF over optic modules.
• Design, test and evaluation of prototypes and contributing to the development of these products
• Design of CWDM and DWDM analogue optical systems
• Provide technical support to other areas of the business and interaction with colleagues in other engineering disciplines and other departments
• This role includes product design from concept to finish.
• Ability to work effectively to meet scheduled development goals and deadlines
• Basic practical lab skills and a willingness to work hands on
• Experience in RF and optical product testing.
Candidate experience & Qualifications:
• Electronics, physics or engineering degree. Experience in lieu of qualification may be acceptable
• Thorough understanding of analogue electronics
• Knowledge of the basic principles of RF & optical communication
• Experience of designing electronics hardware with optoelectronic components such as solid-state lasers and photodiodes.
• Extensive experience in RF over Optics / RF-over Fibre technologies
• In depth understanding of optical fibre solutions and systems
• Knowledge and experience in system simulation and analysis tools
• Knowledge in RF and millimetric circuit & systems design
• Awareness of communications/satellite industry/technologies
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.