Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH2200
Posted: February 17, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Senior Operations Support Manager on behalf of our market leading business aviation client based in Hampshire, UK. This is a permanent position and requires someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide management and direction to the following support departments and their Supervisors (Business Office/Planning/Tool Stores/Facilities/IT/Security)
- Sustain an efficient support network liaising with the General Manager and Senior Service Centre Operations Manager to ensure that the support departments can assist with customer requirements within established time frames looking at cost/margin requirements
- The overall managerial responsibility for the leadership, motivation, training and discipline of all personnel who report to the position holder, leading to the satisfactory completion of all work required by internal and/or external customers, in accordance with the work specification and/or procedures
- Plan, develop and execute long range business objectives and implement policies and procedures in support of Company Vision, Strategy, and Values as part of the Senior Management Team
- Establish and achieve financial budgets and goals for the Support Department Groups
- Create annual goals for Support Department Groups to enhance strategic plans in conjunction with the GM and Senior Management team
- Responsible for the overall operational planning, coordination, staffing, administration, training and financial costing of all matters associated with the Business Office/Planning/Tool Stores/Facilities/IT/Security
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Managerial experience in a support department function related role (i.e. general manufacturing or aviation) preferably with a Masters degree in related curriculum
- Ability to successfully manage profit/loss responsibilities
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability and possess strong communication skills
- Must have eligibility to live and work in the UK as this role does not offer sponsorship
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency for this position.