Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Job Reference: BH1474
Posted: April 23, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting Materials Senior Manager on behalf of our reputable leading Business Aviation client.
The position of Materials Senior Manager will be a permanent position that is responsible for managing the inventory management of all related material functions including, inventory control, shipping, receiving, procurement, International Trade Compliance, contract management, repair control manager, shop floor control, purchasing, planning, quality, logistics, material planning and/or off-site functions for the UK site.
The main responsibilities will be to:
· Manage and implement integrated processes and procedures between cross-site/cross-functional areas to facilitate timely and consistent flow of materials/parts though the system.
· Oversees material inventory to minimize the cost associated with excess, slow moving, and obsolete inventory, to include ensuring an accurate accountability of inventory. Identifies root causes for excess and inactive inventory and develops problem resolutions.
· Develops and implements planning tools which project material requirements, identify critical path components, prevent future shortages, and alert the responsible planner of the need for corrective action.
· Manages subordinate personnel and provides guidance and training to ensure skill sets, knowledge and educational capabilities meet position requirements.
· Manages supply chain, material planning and procurement activities in support of manufacturing and service schedules.
· Reviews manufacturing schedule changes, assesses impact, and implements appropriate actions.
· Reviews industry technology trends; aggressively develop strategies, plans and schedules for process improvements and implementation of best practices to achieve cycle time and cost reductions.
· Coordinates delivery of offsite facilities in support of manufacturing and/or service schedule.
· Formulates and implements plans to develop, train, promote and recognize personnel skills and achievement.
· Works effectively with functional management to balance resources (machinery and manpower/skills) to achieve goals and objectives at the least cost.
· Manages department within budget; provides organizational resources and performance targets; ensures compliance to standards.
· This is an exciting position that won’t be around for long and so apply today!
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.