Job Type: Permanent
Category: IT and Communications, Management Jobs, Project Management
Job Reference: RF2081
Posted: February 3, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Senior Manager, Software Engineering – Payments on behalf of one of the world’s most exciting and well recognised Low-Cost Carriers based in Malaysia.
We are looking for a team leader to be part of the Technology centre that designs and creates custom-built solutions for the group’s airline and digital businesses. It is a global initiative to drive its digital transformation.
Duties and Roles
- Grow and manage a team of engineering managers, technology leaders, and senior engineers in the area of Payments and Transactional Services
- Work tightly with product and design peers to set the vision, build and communicate the strategy, and improve ways of working as a team
- Lead the technical strategy for the area, and drive the necessary transformation for its success
- Advocate and advance modern software development and engineering practices
- Identify and introduce changes in the way teams operate in order to achieve a high performing state
- Identify and build standards-based solutions appropriate to our environment and business needs
- Simplify designs to handle complex decision logic, and build high-throughput, low-latency, resilient systems
- Previous experience of building Payment systems and PCI-DSS knowledge is a must
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Min 5+ years in a technology leadership role
- Experience across multiple industry verticals (not necessarily aviation, non-aviation experience is a plus); eCommerce experience highly desired.
- Candidate must possess at Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Science & Technology or equivalent.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ryan Fox in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.