Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Job Reference: RF360
Posted: August 5, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Senior Engineering Manager on behalf of a market leading Commercial Airline, the role is based in Kuala Lumpur.
This is a permanent position.
Are you ready to be part of a Digital Transformation the industry has never seen before? The key purpose of this role is to build powerful teams to deliver custom-coded software solutions to meet the fast-changing business needs. You must work closely with the Product, Data, Digital & Operations teams and deliver quality solutions. We are looking for someone to join our team in Kuala Lumpur to be part of the Digital and Cultural transformation within Air Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain distributed teams
- Coach, manage, and grow individuals on the team
- Be an advocate of engineering best practices
- Believe and influence an iterative agile approach to everything we do
- Build quality into the processes and products we own
- Help design, implement and manage software development processes and tools
- Define software solutions in close collaboration with the Product team
- Define operational metrics and work closely with the Operations team to ensure that all delivered software will continue working seamlessly in Production
- Understand the value of true CI/CD and help build and maintain it
- Engage and manage 3rd party vendors for Development resource body shopping
- Help evolve our tech stack… microservices built/deployed where appropriate, server-less, only modern programming languages such as Node.js, Python, Angular, Single Page Applications, PWA, containers, NoSQL storage, Dynamic caching
- Be able to recommend COTS solutions to business requirements where more appropriate than a custom-coded solution
- Be able to identify opportunities and risks, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Work collaboratively with other technology and business leaders to ensure that Software Engineering technology is fully leveraged to deliver the business strategy
Role Environment & Role Challenges
- Management of Software Engineers across multiple locations and time zones
- Management of blended teams made up of in-house and outsourced resources
- Management of multiple concurrent projects
- Management of development across multiple technology stacks
- Ensure that AirAsia keeps up with technology evolution and surpasses its regional and industry peer
- 10+ years management in Software Engineering
- Experience across multiple industry verticals (not necessarily aviation, in fact, non-aviation experience is a plus); eCommerce experience highly desired.
- Candidate must possess at Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Science & Technology or equivalent.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ryan Fox in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.