Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to $95,000
Job Reference: CD2430
Posted: April 20, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineer Mechanical System for a reputable organisation based in the USA. In this position, the position holder provides senior level engineering drawings on mechanical systems in support of VIP aircraft completions to include advanced level technical solutions to complex mechanical problems associated with the design and implementation of systems into completion aircraft.
Please note you must already hold the right to live and work in the USA and be prepared to relocate to Indianapolis.
- Provide advanced engineering design and analysis of mechanical systems and components.
- Prepare advanced mechanical system reports and drawings.
- Develop advanced mechanical system modifications and installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
- Superior knowledge of one or more of the following aircraft utility systems: Air condition, ventilation, equipment cooling, fire/smoke detection, water/waste (potable water, gray water and vacuum waste), oxygen, bleed air.
- Strong familiarization with trending and analysis of SB’s, AD’s, writing EO’s.
- Identifies discrepancies and/or problems with drawings before releasing to production and implements correction action to ensure the timely release.
- Provides advanced technical support and engineering disposition in order to resolve aircraft engineering/mechanical systems problems.
- Using company procedures, applies advanced level engineering knowledge to resolve complex issues.
- Reviews and actions Airworthiness Directives (ADs) so as to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develops and implements engineering modifications and retrofits to completions in progress in accordance with OEM service bulletins.
- Obtains regulatory approval for modifications/repair performed on aircraft mechanical systems/components.
- Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs.
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.
- Acts as a mentor for junior level Engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Systems Engineering or comparable.
- 5+ years’ experience in Aviation Mechanical Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the following – ATA 21 – Air Conditioning, ATA 26 – Smoke Detection, ATA 35 – Oxygen, ATA 38 – Water Waste
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (SolidWorks preferred).
- Aviation background and mechanical systems experience required.
- Strong knowledge of industry mechanical systems and documentation standards.
- Experience with mechanical systems and components.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today in confidence.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.