Job Type: Permanent
Category: IT and Communications
Job Reference: CD1755
Posted: April 12, 2019
Senior Data Analyst
Oaklands Global has been commissioned to support a leading Satellite and Telecommunications company based in London to recruit a Senior Data Analyst on a permanent basis.
- Coordinates the work of multiple market intelligence and business intelligence analysts
- Develops approaches and methodologies to get to resolution/clarification of the issue(s) being considered and deliver superior data-led insights of strategic value
- Innovates in the use of a range of presentation/visualisation and analytical tools, constantly scanning for ways to improve earlier approaches and sourcing better information or datasets
- Conducts on-going market scanning range of information sources in key areas of predilection, including subscription to a range of data sources and attendance at key industry conferences
- Carries out and document high quality, in-depth research on market/competition/technology
- Carries out robust, reliable quantitative analyses to support strategic decision making
- Demonstrates high level of work ethics and professionalism relatively to the quality of the deliverables and robustness of approaches and qualitative/quantitative insights and analyses
- Demonstrate collaborative and open, social behaviours within the rest of the strategy and development team and contribute to improving overall team performance and quality of outputs over time through the development and use of new tools and approaches
- The role does not involve managing a specific budget but may require raising expense requests and tracking approvals for market intelligence studies and reports
- The role involves leading a small virtual team of business intelligence and market intelligence analysts across the unit
- Experience in strategy consulting, or in a strategy team within industry, or within a data analytics or business intelligence function delivering data insights to the rest of the business, preferably with project work within the Aviation or Telecoms sectors
- MSc. Engineering or Master level in a quantitative discipline, including finance
- Previous experience having led teams of data analysts and using a range of analytics visualisation tools, whether GIS or other and experience in large data manipulation
- Strong verbal reasoning; quantitative reasoning; creative thinking; and lateral-thinking skills
- Intellectual independence and willingness to develop and prove own thinking, whilst also flexible and embracing alternative views through iteration and constructive challenge
- Comfortable working in an environment that is unclear, requiring investigative work and creating clarity, with only limited or high-level directional guidance
- Can-do, self-starting, enthusiastic attitude and propensity to be willing to rapidly take ownership and accountability for activities or projects
- Ability to conduct robust qualitative and quantitative analyses, with attention to detail, and to identify and use new methodologies/approaches to innovate and expand understanding
- Good understanding and/or passion for either the Aviation sector or Telecoms/satellite; natural curiosity and continuous willingness to learn about the sectors
- High level of professionalism and work ethics, output driven with strong delivery skills and very good command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint; Word; and standard databases
- Experience presenting internally/externally with engaging and effective presentation style
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.