Job Type: Permanent
Category: Technical Services
Job Reference: CD1652
Posted: January 23, 2019
Oakland Global is Looking to recruit a Senior Buyer on a permanent basis for a leading Aerospace client. This role is permanently based in Dorset, offering a competitive package.
Previous Experience and/or Qualifications
• Extensive experience as a technical/aerospace buyer within engineering and/or aviation services, preferably with experience in the rotary wing sector (essential)
• Experience and understanding of planning and using ERP systems such as SAP, AMIS, Aerotrac etc (essential)
• Experience and expertise in problem solving, pulling together reporting data using M/S Office software, and co-ordinating with a range of stakeholders/multi-disciplinary teams to track orders in real time (essential)
• CIPS or similar qualifications (desirable)
• Knowledge and experience of Export Compliance requirements and processes (desirable)
As the Senior Buyer, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Understand and monitor the maintenance plan and forecast for nominated aircraft types
• Source parts/components to meet the plan from manufacturers, approved repair agents and other third party suppliers, applying initiative to choose effectively from appropriate vendors
• Negotiate pricing and terms where flexibility exists, drafting deals for agreement with the Supply Chain Manager
• Create and process purchase, repair and exchange orders, expediting delivery dates to meet engineering requirements whilst maintaining records on all ERP and tracker systems
• Liaise with the planning function to ensure timely provisioning of required components, reacting to ‘Aircraft on Ground’ requirements and supporting the Shipping Coordinator as required to ensure on time delivery
• Ensure used rotables are returned within exchange arrangements
• Build/foster/nurture relationships with suppliers, undertaking visits to build understanding and rapport
• Communicate with and build understanding with customers/engineers/base managers/chief engineers as required
• Comply with policies/process/practices including export compliance and controlled products
• Provide ‘Out of Hours’ cover on a rotational basis
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.