Job Type: Permanent
Category: Quality & Safety
Job Reference: BH261
Posted: July 25, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Safety and Reliability Engineer/Manager on behalf of our market leading VTOL client based in Karlsruhe, Germany. This is a permanent position and we are looking for someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Safety and Reliability Engineer/Manager, you will have professional experience in assessment of functional safety and reliability of complex systems. You are familiar with system safety assessments (SSA), functional hazard analysis (FHA), common cause analysis (CCA), as well as failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA). Within a multi-disciplinary team, you lead the system safety and reliability activities, derive the relevant system design integrity objectives, and verify that the design implementation meets the required safety and reliability objectives.
- Management and performing system safety assessments for the client, including functional hazard analysis (FHA), common cause analysis (CCA) and fault-tree analysis (FTA)
- Performing system reliability assessments, including failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Deriving and definition of safety objectives for systems and client functions incl. subsystems (e.g. DAL, FR)
- Work closely with specialists in a multidisciplinary team
Key skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree (BSc, Msc)
- Professional experience in functional safety and reliability analysis (e.g. ARP 4654, ARP 4761, ISO 26262, IEC 62061 etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and structured approach
- Ability to link theoretical analysis results to practical design decisions
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.