Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs, Quality & Safety
Job Reference: CD2211
Posted: February 19, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an experienced Safety Assurance and Standards Manager on behalf of our established aviation client.
This is a permanent opportunity based in London and will be reporting directly into the Head of Safety & Compliance to ensure full company compliance in relation to regulatory requirements in accordance with EASA/CAA aerodrome regulations.
- Performing Internal compliance monitoring activities
- Maintaining compliance monitoring records
- Hosting third party audits
- Safety Management System documentation
- Progressing safety activities
- Coordinating safety meetings
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested
- Maintain compliance with the national regulator to satisfy Aerodrome Certificate requirements
- Responsible for safety performance indicator targets
- Ownership of Airside audit process in line with the national regulator regulatory requirements
- Production and maintenance of key regulatory documents
- 3 years’ experience in conducting safety inspections.
- Accreditation or certification in Safety Management Systems.
- Experience in undertaken accident investigations.
- Accreditation or certification in Quality Auditing and Quality Management Systems (ASQ, ISO, IOSA).
- Experience in the following areas: UK CAA/ICAO/EASA Regulatory Requirements, Environmental Compliance, Health & Safety at Work Act 1972, Aviation Security Regulatory Compliance.
- NEBOSH Diploma.
- Experience working in Aviation, Petrochemical or similar safety critical industries as both an auditor and a safety manager is critical to the role.
- Environmental management experience ISO 14001.
- An experienced individual from the aviation industry, with detailed knowledge in the functions of the organisation and the supporting systems, who would be able to assist in the safe and efficient running of the airport.
- Effective communication skills to enable a working relationship with government level authorities regarding the operational and regulatory requirements of an operational airport.
- An ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders regarding any strategic, planning or operational requirements/developments of the airport.
- Experience in the preparation of safety cases and safety assurance documentation required for the development of airport and air traffic facilities.
- Knowledge of relevant CAA requirements aerodrome compliance requirements.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement experience and communication skills with a high energy /can-do attitude.
- Ability to deliver on time and to the highest standard with drive, personality and desire
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency for this position.