Job Type: Permanent
Category: Quality & Safety
Posted: March 7, 2019
** Risk & Assurance Manager **
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit a Risk and Assurance Manager to join a reputable business aviation organisation based in the South East of the UK.
As the Risk & Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for:
· To undertake / oversee the duties of the Safety Manager as per ORO.GEN.200.
· In line with the companies Risk Management Framework and Policy to implement risk management processes; aligned with strategic objectives, including liaising with members of the Leadership Team and management to identify, assess and evaluate risks within the EU Air division.
· To actively lead a culture that strives to optimise safety performance.
· To act as the central point of contact and manage the day-to-day activities relating to the Risk management and Assurance department, including but not limited to the Safety Management System (including the Safety components of Commercial and Non-commercial Flight Operations).
· As the companies’ competent person, to provide in-house technical expertise and to act as a point of reference, co-ordination and consultation on incident investigation, statistical/ trend analysis, risk registers and safety performance indicators.
· To maintain the company risk register and regularly update and report on risks in an appropriate way for different audiences i.e., Board, Leadership Team and, SRB, SAG and individual colleagues).
· To embed the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ and identify and record mitigating actions and monitor that they are fully completed in a timely manner.
· To provide support, guidance and training to colleagues to build risk awareness within the organisation.
· To track progress against actions arising from a variety of mediums and report progress on a regular basis to appropriate audiences (Inc. collating monthly SPI data to populate a performance dashboard.
· To maintain and monitor compliance with legislation and regulations (ORO.GEN.200) and work with central support and operational teams to achieve required standards and ensure that policies are followed.
· To manage relationships with regulatory Authorities, legislative bodies and internal and external consultants and specialists, forming an effective bridge between such third parties and the core business.
· Relevant technical qualifications, acumen & senior level experience
· Experience in an aviation safety role or safety risk management role desirable.
· Proven experience in building and implementing an effective risk programme that is efficient, effective, productive and cost effective in a large business.
· Commercial awareness and ability to understand broad business issues
· Excellent communication skills together with the confidence and gravitas to interface with a diverse range of individuals
· Collegiate and diplomatic in approach to working with operational teams at all levels
· Strong organisational skills
· Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
· Ability to work under own initiative and without direct assistance