Job Type: Permanent
Category: Design & Development, IT and Communications
Job Reference: CD1646
Posted: January 17, 2019
Principal RF Design Engineer
Oakland Global is working with a leading organisation specialising in Satellite and Telecommunications systems around the world. Our client is currently looking for a Principal RF Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
• To lead the hands-on RF design and development of a range of RF & Microwave products over the spectrum of IF, L-Band, C-Band, X-Band, Ku-, K- and Ka-Bands.
• Produce a high standard of documentation to accompany the above designs
• Perform RF system analysis and simulation of RF line up
• Deliver successful RF designs to time and budget
• Liaise closely with Engineers from other disciplines
• Liaise closely with colleagues from across the business
• Lead the RF design aspects of projects and/or product lines
• Contribute to the expansion of RF/Microwave knowledge, processes and techniques
Candidate experience & Qualifications:
• A degree in Engineering (Electronics, Electrical), Computer Science, Physics or a related discipline
• Extensive experience in RF and microwave design of active and passive circuits, especially over DC-6GHz (IF, L-, S-, C-Bands) and ideally to 40GHz (covering X-, Ku-, K- and Ka-Bands)
• Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, the use of commercially available CAD tools for circuit and system design and simulation
• In depth knowledge of, and experience in, specifying, designing and characterising RF equipment
• Extensive knowledge of RF circuit theory, transmission lines, PCB layout techniques, substrate materials
• RF and Microwave circuit design and simulation using CAD
• System analysis and excellent understanding of all key parameters
• Ability to supervise both Engineers within the RF discipline and outside of the discipline
• Experience of interfacing RF circuits and sub-systems to analogue and digital electronics, such as; bias circuits, power supplies, digital control circuits
• A working knowledge of other Engineering disciplines such as PCB, Mechanical, Software, Digital Electronics, Power Supplies and Test
• Experience in Design for Manufacture and Design for Test techniques
• Experience in Design for Compliance such as EMC for CE marking
• Knowledge and experience in system simulation and analysis tools
• Knowledge of RF, Microwave and Millimetric product assembly techniques
• Awareness of the Satellite Communications industry, technologies and techniques
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.