Job Type: Permanent
Category: Licensed Engineers & Mechanics
Job Reference: BH1565
Posted: October 18, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Planning Quality Engineer on behalf of our aircraft component and repair/overhaul business based in the South East of England. This is a permanent position with a start date ASAP.
The Planning Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and be responsible for the company end-to-end planning of repair and overhaul work, encompassing internal, procurement and subcontracting activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and planning all incoming orders to ensure the work pack contains all relevant instructions/requirements.
- Allocation of work to the workshop supervisor/shop floor staff.
- Ensuring customer drawings/manuals and regulatory requirements are met on each project and to ensure work carried out meets these requirements.
- Ensuring materials and consumable items are available to support work programs.
- Liaising with customers, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Procurement of materials, products and services from approved suppliers.
- Assisting with technical input for compiling quotations.
- Participation in project meetings as necessary.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of machining practices, milling, turning, boring, grinding is desirable and an understanding of processes such as NDT, CAD plating and heat treatments would be advantageous.
- Technically astute, with experience in a workshop environment and production planning, preferably within a Part-145 Aerospace environment.
- Experience of implementing and manging robust planning and control procedures to ensure ongoing delivery of customer requirements.
- IT literate with good planning and organisational skills. Knowledge of TracWare/AeroTrac system would be advantageous.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.