Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Operations Manager on behalf of one of our leading aviation clients based in London.
The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for all operational and regulatory matters and will lead the Operations Team and provide a comprehensive, safe service to customers, aircrew, visitors and passengers using The London Heliport.
- To deputise for the Manager in their absence.
- To be the lead for all regulatory and operational matters.
- To be the point of contact for all safety and compliance matters. This will require a close working relationship with the Safety and Security Manager and the Infrastructure and Compliance Manager
- Lead the operational departmental interface to ensure the safe and effective day to day operation.
- Always oversee the safety and security of customers and aircrew in both airside and landside areas.
- The line management of the Operations Supervisor.
- Process and management all safeguarding applications and enquiries.
- Lead the safety management committee.
- Liaise with the Civil Aviation Authority, emergency services, local and national security, border and public protection agencies and any other interested external statutory bodies.
- Co-ordinate recording, investigation, and reporting of noise complaints.
- To perform all duties as trained in accordance with Safety Management Systems, Company Health, Safety & Environment Policy and other company policies and procedures and company Manual, observing external regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as delegated or directed.
- Aerodrome operational experience.
- A sound understanding of civil aviation aerodrome regulations.
- Experience of regulatory document control.
- A sound understanding of Safety Management Systems
- Experience of safety investigations.
- Experience of auditing and compliance monitoring.
- An understanding of aerodrome safeguarding.
- Experience of delivering staff training/safety briefings.
- Ideally held at PTC Group Ratings for the following ILS, DME, NDB, PSR, SSR, Radar Displays, RT Comms Air/Ground, RT Comms Ground/Ground, Recorder Systems R/T, Recorders Systems, IRVR, CCTV, General Data Processing
- Ideally held at PTC Group Ratings at a minimum level 1 for 75% of the following equipment Leonardo ATCR-33SE Radar, Chelton (Cobham) RDS1600, Normarc 7000 ILS, Fernau 2020 DME, Nautel NDB VR125, Frequentis 3020 VCCS, Frequentis RESQ (Emg VCCS), Jotron VHF Tx Rx, UHF Tx/Rx, Ricochet Recorder, Telvent IRVR
Why Work With Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.