Job Type: Permanent
Category: Design & Development
Job Reference: CD1507
Posted: September 27, 2018
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an experienced Metal Model Maker – Fitter to join a reputable aerospace client on a permanent basis based in Bedfordshire.
• Carry out all aspects of fitting activity (hand working surfaces to remove machine marks,
blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components and
assembling models, installing pressure tubing) as directed by the Fitting Section Team
Lead and/or Leading Hand.
• Monitor the serviceability of Fitting Section machines, equipment and tooling, and report
potential problems to the Fitting Section Team Lead.
• Support on the job training and guide/coach less experienced staff working in the Fitting
• When on shifts, ensure a safe and timely handover of the work in progress to the incoming
shift and Team Leader, ensuring that adequate notes and technical advice are available.
• Make recommendations for process improvements in Fitting techniques, where appropriate, to
the Fitting Section Team Leader.
To be considered for the role;
• A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
• A flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project
manufacturing schedules are met or exceeded
• Loyal, able to trust and directly support direct supervisors and line management.
• Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project
• Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of
• Have a “Can-Do” attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
• The ideal applicant will have a time served apprenticeship and/or demonstrable experience
of high-precision bench fitting.
• A solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other skills such as EDM wiring and
plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining will be extremely advantageous, to
assist in other sections of the workshop when necessary.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Share this job