Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Job Reference: JT2304
Posted: March 16, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Materials Manager on behalf of our leading Aerospace client based in Southend
The Materials Manager will oversee the planning and coordination of inventory, logistics and purchasing. The position is responsible for materials management and supply and distribution strategies are in place to enable the business to optimize the management and control of both inbound and outbound materials.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implements strategic supply chain plans to support long term business goals including stock reduction, supplier performance and risk analysis and creation of key performance metrics to measure success.
- Maintains optimum inventory levels, within approved guidelines, to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing courier/transportation costs.
- Establishes procedures for perpetual stock count and oversees the process including undertaking and valuing of the year-end physical inventory.
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the Company, in addition to all inventory items. Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages, however caused.
- Establishes and maintains purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors. Keeps informed on legal/regulatory matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Identifies new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery.
- Keeps abreast of materials and aviation markets and materials pricing trends that may affect the business.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends MRP system in line with budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains economic departmental costs and expenditure within allocated budgets and advises and seeks approval from the Managing Director of any variance.
- Ensures correct materials handling, storage conditions and facilities are maintained to regulation standards.
- Ensures that orders for aeronautical parts and supplies are only placed upon approved suppliers.
- Takes overall management of the system to ensure the continuous serviceability and calibration of tooling and equipment.
- Liaises with other departments and customers on all matters relating to materials and parts. Ensuring materials contractual awareness.
- Provides leadership to all direct reports, coaching, motivating and developing team members to optimise their performance and personal and professional growth.
- Develops department procedures and ensures all staff understand and adhere to Company procedures.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to James Townsend in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.