Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: JT1052
Posted: August 22, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Maintenance Manager on behalf of our reputable Business Aviation client based in Asia
This is a permanent position.
This individual will be responsible for the evaluation, performance and management of aircraft maintenance. The manager also maintains current technical proficiency and education of aircraft and regulatory requirements. Flexible work schedule is required to meet with the nature of the company operation, which may also require periodic travel both domestic and international. Maintains industry, business, company and customer relationships. The estimated time allocations for these assignments are 30% performing maintenance, 40% performing management duties and 30% oversight and supervisory duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the maintenance management of CAAT Repair Station and FAA Part 145 Repair Station.
- Familiar working knowledge of FAA Code of Federal Regulations, CAAT Regulations, industry best practices, OSHA and IS-BAO requirements.
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the client, vendors, subordinates and other internal departments.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe conditions.
- Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections to conform within the standards established by the company, Federal regulation and industry best practices achieving the highest reliability goals.
- Troubleshoots reported discrepancies and handles complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for management of FAA and CAAT Repair Station requirements per FAA CFR Part 145 and CAAT ADCA’s.
- Provides technical support, as needed, in support of Mjets and customer aircraft.
- Reviews and ensures all required entries into the aircraft work orders, flight logbooks and permanent records are accurate and in compliance with national regulatory authority regulations and company policy and procedures.
- Updates and interfaces with Computerized AMS Program.
- Assists in the control of the procurement of parts and materials pertinent to forthcoming aircraft maintenance support.
- Perform maintenance planning along with the management oversight of inspections, repairs and modifications. Ensures timely scheduling and performance of aircraft maintenance in order to minimize impact upon the client’s flight schedule and provide for a high degree of aircraft availability.
- Proactively provides recommendations for modifications and upgrades, as necessary.
- Obtains vendor proposals for upcoming maintenance support.
- Establishes contracts, publications, and subscriptions.
- Assist Director of Maintenance in the preparation of an annual maintenance budget
- Reviews and approves invoices. Reconciles invoices with vendors and process to accounting department for payment.
- Maintains control of expenditure and expenses per the annual budget.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed, by the Director of Maintenance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (A&P) Certificate or EASA Part 66 AMEL mandatory
- Inspection Authorization (IA) desired
- Excellent experience in aviation maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance planning, along with management oversight of inspections, repairs, and modifications.
- Flexible working schedules is a must.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must also be able to pass a required 10-year background check.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to James Townsend in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.