Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Category: Licensed Engineers & Mechanics, Technical Services
Job Reference: NO1148
Posted: July 17, 2018
Oaklands Global is Looking for a Logistics Executive to work on a permanent basis with my client based in the South East.
My client is a well established and rapidly growing company in the aviation Industry that specialises in components with a state of the art facility.
As a Logistics executive you will be part of the of the Logistics team to ensure that all shipments are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements. Provide a high quality of service to all customers and departments in all aspects of the Logistics function.
• Recognise and react to the urgency of customer orders including AOG, IOR, and routine shipments
• Process all shipments to and from global customers and suppliers
• Build and maintain professional relationships with customers and suppliers
• Answer and make telephone calls with a confident and polite manner
• Recognise and organise hazardous and heavyweight shipments in accordance with shipping constraints/ gain best price quotes for hazardous and heavyweight shipments
• Adhere to all import and export procedures and controls with knowledge of Export Control Legislation
• Obtain relevant shipment details to complete paperwork requirements
• Ensure accurate paperwork completion as per customers and country specific requirements
• Resolve difficult queries with commitment that the best solution was adopted and delivered
• Guarantee all turnaround times are achieved /high quality service levels are delivered
• Monitor Logistic Administrators shipments ensuring they are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements
• Assist with knowledge sharing and development of Logistic Administrators
• Process and update IT systems with all required information
• Run multiple reports, analyse and collate reporting information
• Liaise and coordinate with internal departments as and when required
• Assist the Logistics Department with all other tasks/administration as requested
• Passion to develop in depth knowledge and skills within Logistics
• Proactive, self-motivated and driven to succeed in a busy environment
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Analytical thinker with experience of producing and evaluating reports
• Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to work in a busy environment
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments
• Professional and confident telephone skills
• Ability and drive to guide and mentor Logistic Administrators
• Strong organisation, time management and excellent administration skills
• Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
• Ability to work 12-hour days and night shifts
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to James Townsend in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Share this job