Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 DOE
Job Reference: OGKSLC
Posted: September 25, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Logistics Coordinator on behalf of one of our reputable and well-established Aviation Clients. This role is a permanent position based in West Sussex and will be reporting into the Technical Manager
The main purpose of this role is to coordinate the procurement, stores and goods inwards within their UK Training Centre Facility
- Manage general Company purchases, as requested via the Purchase Request System.
- Negotiate and place orders with sub-contractors and suppliers to maximise the value of the chosen suppliers to the Company.
- Undertake all administration in connection with general procurement and record relevant data.
- Attend progress meetings and co-ordinate relevant specialist team members, reporting as necessary on Company purchases.
- Provide costings and supplier identification in order to support bids and contracts.
- Assist with the management of quality issues relating to new and existing suppliers, including data management of the ongoing Vendor Database.
- Receive all incoming goods into the Company and process the necessary paperwork.
- Store all received goods as appropriate in the stores area.
- Ensure that the stores area is maintained in an efficient and effective manner.
- Issue stores items as required.
- Prepare goods for despatch and complete the necessary documentation.
- Liaise with Finance as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of goods received and despatched.
- Liaise with shippers, clearance agents regarding export/import shipping and carnets and HMC&E as necessary, also production of invoices for customs purposes and shipping airway bills as required.
The ideal candidate will have
- A broad range of procurement experience, preferably within a high tech environment.
- Understanding of procurement processes.
- Knowledge of computerised procurement systems.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Understanding of stores, goods inwards, procurement processes.
- Knowledge of HM Customs and Excise and general shipping processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerised stores systems (Gemini).
- Strong communication skills.
- IT Skills
- Certified forklift driver.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Kathryn Sainsbury in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.