Job Type: Permanent
Salary: JPY 7.2M - JPY 12M
Category: Finance & Legal, Legal
Job Reference: CD2541
Posted: August 20, 2020
Oaklands Global are currently looking to recruit a Sr Legal Counsel for a reputable client based in Japan.
The successful candidate will function as Group Legal lead in liaison with representatives from other regions. Participate in a group-wide project involving Legal on behalf of the business within Japan.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice especially on contracts
- Assist staff and management on contract negotiation
- Take necessary actions with regard to compliance with Japanese Civil Aeronautics Act
- Draft, review and provide advice on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff
- Prepare and execute corporate documents (e.g., BOD and shareholders’ meeting minutes) in liaison with shareholders and board members
- Maintain Corporate Registry
- Manage litigation disputes
- Install, improve and maintain data protection process in compliance with Japanese regulations
- LLB undergraduate degree (Master’s degree will be an advantage) with at least 5-8 years of legal experience ideally in a leading organization
- Proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting
- Bar qualification is preferred but not required
- Working in international companies / highly regulated industries will be an advantage
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration
- Ability to provide independent advice to senior level management on highly technical matters
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.