Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH231
Posted: July 24, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Lead Investigator on behalf of our reputable Air Traffic Services client based in the South East, UK. This is a permanent position and we are looking for someone to start ASAP.
Summary of the role
- To oversee and provide ownership and leadership in investigations across all units, being carried out across both operations and engineering.
- When required, the role will provide additional resource and support to all company units in the form of conducting safety investigations.
- As the companies lead investigator, the candidate will provide the drive and focus to ensure investigations are completed within the required timescales to the required company standard ensuring that the company remains compliant.
- The role will also be responsible for the tracking and management to completion of unit owned recommendations, and the reporting on a monthly basis to the board of trends and associated risks.
- Provide oversight to all units to ensure the standard of investigations produced is consistent and meets company requirements.
- Proactively track and drive the completion of Safety Recommendations and report to the Head of Safety Security and Quality and Executive team when agreed actions are not going to be completed on time.
- Look at reporting capabilities from existing and future systems that may be available in industry.
- Carry out investigations as required and on occasions when unit resource is not available to complete investigations within the required timelines.
Key skills and experience
- Understanding of an ATM environment
- Previous investigation experience
- Information gathering and analysis from a variety of sources understanding the relationships between recommending certain courses of action.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing the person to understand and be sensitive to the concerns and reactions to others
- Ability to easily communicate with people of all levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to proactively develop long term relationships based on mutual trust and confidence.
- Project Management Skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; maintaining attention to detail.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.