Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 plus benefits
Category: IT and Communications
Posted: February 1, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an IT Desktop Support Engineer on behalf of our well-established aviation charter service client based at Gatwick. This is a permanent position.
The job role is to assist the Head of ICT in ensuring that an effective IT service is provided globally by supporting all users and maintaining a healthy IT system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Respond to and resolve in person second line IT incidents logged via our global IT Service Desk, providing solutions to known incidents and problems for our internal customer base, diagnosing and working to resolve undefined problems as they occur.
• Effective incident queue management with ownership of logged incidents.
• Awareness and correct use of key escalation points for both PC hardware and software incidents and service provision.
• Perform PC upgrades where required using defined internal processes, including data backups and restore.
• Perform imaging of workstations (both laptops and desktops) where required.
• Ensure good knowledge of all PC hardware models in the environment, including specifications and internal customer PC model eligibility criteria.
• Working effectively with required external suppliers who are used to deliver components of our service, such as IT consumable provision.
• Regularly review processes utilised within the team, propose and implement improvements with necessary approvals to ensure processes remain relevant for the Local Support team.
Key skills and Experience:
• Fluent verbal and written communication in German and English language is essential
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
• Ability to work with end-user customers directly in a courteous and professional manner
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems (7 & 10) environment.
• Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments.
• Working knowledge and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office environment.
• Working knowledge of hardware break/fix component replacement of Laptops.
• Good working knowledge of general technical troubleshooting skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to the following levels:
• Understanding and use incident management toolsets.
• ITIL foundation level qualification
• MCITP Windows 10 qualified
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Kathryn Sainsbury in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.