Job Type: Permanent
Category: Quality & Safety
Job Reference: CD1606
Posted: January 2, 2019
Oaklands Global has been commissioned to support a leading Regulatory Body with the development and implementation of the new Innovation Department. We are currently looking to recruit multiple Innovation Case Officers to be based in the South of England.
The successful candidate will act as a case officer guiding and supporting innovators towards regulatory readiness in areas of aviation innovation. Advising innovators and enabling testing and trialling of emerging technologies with the aim of sharing knowledge and informing future regulatory frameworks.
• Manage relationships between innovators and the business as part of an end to end process ensuring high quality customer service, as triaged via the Innovation Gateway.
• Providing early signposting to existing regulatory processes that will be required to satisfy the innovators objectives, such as airspace change requests or UAS permissions, and advise where entry into the Regulatory Sandbox may be appropriate.
• Minimise regulatory friction through collaboration with innovators, providing expert advice and guidance on regulatory expectations to maintain safety, security and consumer protection.
• Support tests and trial in a Sandbox environment that is industry led, in terms of unlocking commonly identified challenges, sharing learnings and best practice.
• Build an internal toolbox to inform regulatory principles, standard scenarios and templates that can be reapplied in core regulatory areas as innovations become part of everyday business.
• Thorough understanding of the current regulatory landscape with particular expertise in an aviation specialism such as airspace, airworthiness, air traffic management or flight operations.
• Strong awareness of future developments and challenges in aviation innovation such as airspace integration, urban air mobility, electrification, digitisation and automation.
• Ability to apply a risk-based and principles-led approach to ensure safety/security and consumer protection in areas where there are currently no standards or regulations.
• Ability to understand software challenges that apply in an increasingly automated yet highly regulated environment (such as data ownership, regulation of algorithms and interoperability of competing platforms), and how these may be overcome in the development of an operational safety case/business case.
• Flexible and adaptable mindset with evidence of delivery in highly dynamic and changing environments.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.