Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs, Quality & Safety
Job Reference: CD2210
Posted: February 19, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an experienced Head of Safety & Compliance on behalf of our established aviation client.
This is a permanent opportunity based in London and will be reporting directly into the Operations Director to ensure full company compliance in relation to regulatory requirements in accordance with EASA/CAA aerodrome regulations.
- Promotion of Safety Culture and Policy within the entire organisation at all levels
- Hold and maintain compliance monitoring requirements as described in regulatory procedures
- Establishment and management of the annual audit programmes
- Undertake audits and inspections
- Verify effectiveness of the compliance monitoring function
- Identify risks through trend analysis of compliance and safety data
- Undertake risk assessments and safety cases
- Review compliance monitoring audit techniques and activities to ensure use of best practice
- Ensure effective management of regulatory and legislative changes that effect the business
- Maintain Training and Competence Records
- Manage departmental budget
- Team leadership and development of colleagues in department
- To implement working knowledge and experience of implementing and managing the safety and quality of an Airport in a managerial position.
- To implement working knowledge of CAA/EASA Aerodrome regulations and operations.
- To have good health and safety management knowledge and experience (5 years).
- To implement working knowledge of a CAA recognised audit training course certificate
- (ISO 900 or similar accredited qualification).
- Hold NEBOSH Diploma or similar safety qualification.
- Familiar with ISO 18001 and 45001processes.
- Good working knowledge of risk assessment/analysis processes (e.g. Bowtie)
- To be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- To have people management skills, enabling effective communication and development of a wide range of people, both internal and external to the Company.
- An experienced individual from the aviation industry, with detailed knowledge in the functions of management and organisation of a safety and compliance function
- Effective communication skills to enable a working relationship with government level authorities regarding the operational and regulatory requirements
- An ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders (including Board level)
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.