Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs, Quality & Safety
Job Reference: CD2429
Posted: April 20, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an experienced head of Quality for a reputable organisation based in the USA. The role will report directly to the CEO with a team of 18-20 staff within the department. Responsible for administering the Inspection, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control of aircraft completions, maintenance and modifications functions in accordance with part FAA Part 145 and EASA Part 145 repair station requirements as well as the AS9100 Quality System for fabrication and STC projects.
Please note you must already hold the right to live and work in the USA and be prepared to relocate to Indianapolis.
- Ensure that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work and that the proper inspection records, reports, and forms used by the repair station are properly executed.
- Keep record updates of pertinent Regulations, specifications, type certification data sheets, and airworthiness directives.
- Determine that all technical data on all articles maintained or altered by the repair station are secured and kept current with latest revisions. This data will include repair station’s process specification for limited rating specialized services, manufacturer’s maintenance and overhaul manuals, service bulletins, part specifications, FAA/EASA airworthiness directives, related
- FAA/EASA approved data, and other technical data used by the repair station.
- Audit and maintain AS9100 quality system and approval.
- Administer the procedures for controlling and documenting the calibration of special tools and test equipment.
- Coordinate with the FAA/EASA Certificate Holding Offices and other FAA/EASA associated offices regarding Quality Assurance issues.
- Ensure that no defective, unserviceable, or un-airworthy parts are installed in any article released by the FAA/EASA repair station and ensure compliance to the governing RSM or MOE.
- Make revisions as necessary to the documents of the repair station including but not limited to the RSM, MOE, the QCM, the Capabilities List and the Personnel Roster.
- Assure the preliminary, hidden damage, in-progress, and final inspections of all articles maintained or altered by the repair station are completed and results recorded as outlined in these manuals and the QCM.
- Maintain a technical publications library pertinent to the repair stations operations specifications.
- Maintains a manual of company maintenance policies, inspection, overhaul times and procedures as required by FAR or CR for the guidance of maintenance personnel and repair agencies, to ensure that such pertinent information is maintained on a current basis and is available to all personnel or contractors performing work or inspections on the aircraft.
- Use experience and technical expertise to assist when necessary to meet completion and production schedules and produce the quality our company has come to expect.
- Oversee training program as it pertains to the FAA/EASA Part 145 repair station, safety precautions relevant to the functions for which they may be utilized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications and requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Maintenance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hold A&P License.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in managing maintenance inspections, repairs, quality assurance, quality control and inspection under FAA Part 145 and EASA Part 145.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively convey information accurately.’
- Advanced knowledge of the Quality process in a completion and aircraft maintenance/modifications environment.
- Strong understanding in FAA and EASA Part 145 repair station operations/regulations required.
- Strong understanding of AS9100 required.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to in confidence.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.