Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH2284
Posted: March 4, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Head of Office of Airworthiness on behalf of our reputable business aviation client based in Hampshire. This is a permanent position and requires someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This role reports to the Head of Design Organisation
- Ensuring the Handbook is prepared and updated as required by Part 21A.243.
- Co-operation with the Agency in developing procedures to be used for the type-certification process and for proposing the type-certification basis.
- Issuing guidelines for documenting compliance.
- Issuing guidelines for the preparation of the manuals required by the applicable implementing rules, Service Bulletins, drawings, specifications, standards etc.
- Co-operating with the Agency in proposing the type-certification basis.
- Interpretation of airworthiness, operational suitability data and environmental requirements and requesting decisions from the Agency in case of doubt.
- Advising all members of the design department in all questions regarding airworthiness, operational suitability data, environmental protection approvals and certification.
- Ensuring co-operation in preparing test programmes required for demonstrating compliance.
- Monitoring of significant events on other aeronautical products as far as relevant to determine their effect on airworthiness of products being designed by the Design Organisation.
- Cooperation with the Agency with regard to the issue of airworthiness directives in general based on Service Bulletins.
- Preparing and updating all maintenance and operating instructions (including Service Bulletins) needed to maintain airworthiness (continuing airworthiness) in accordance with the relevant requirements.
- Acting as the focal point for the co-ordination of all airworthiness matters.
- Ensuring the Agency has a copy of the latest Issue/Revision of the DOA Handbook.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency for this position.