Job Type: Permanent
Category: Quality & Safety
Job Reference: HS1671
Posted: February 18, 2019
Oaklands Global are currently looking to speak to experienced EHS Managers about joining a leading commercial aviation company as their Global EHS Manager.
This will be based in Sussex with travel to other UK sites and Europe. The role will be reporting into the Director of Safety and Security.
• Evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and clients
• Research and implement new health and safety processes
• Analyse accident reports and records to evaluate existing procedural effectiveness
• Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including HSE, EA)
• Research environmental regulations and policies and institute changes to ensure compliance
• Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits from a central position
• Manage injury and incident inquiries and investigations
• Improve customer care by initiating improvements to safety controls and auditing processes
• Perform audits, investigation to identify vulnerabilities and areas of weakness.
• Develop new audit programs to ensure adequate risk controls
• Make recommendations to environmental management from data obtained by software, policies and audit triggers
• Create and update internal audit plan
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree required from a relevant field
• Knowledge of HSE, EA, EASA and national standards (Aviation related)
• (CMIOSH) as a minimum
• Ability to train, influence and motivate departments and managers
• Ability to work in a high pressured and dynamic environment
• Provide organisational objectives and targets with reference to HS law and requirements.
• Desire to reduce risks, limit injuries and adhere to specific standards
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Harry Sansbury in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.