Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40000 - £45000
Category: IT and Communications
Job Reference: BH1621
Posted: January 4, 2019
GIS Developer – Java/C/C++
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a GIS Developer on behalf of our market leading UAV client based in Bedfordshire, UK. This is a permanent position and requires someone to start immediately.
Roles and responsibilities:
– The role includes analysis and preparation of GIS data for use in multiple applications and the creation of spatial data and building databases.
– Work may also involve aspects of Luciad software, liaising with data suppliers to build partnerships and collaborations, developing 3D terrain and building models using image and lidar point cloud data.
Key skills and experience:
– Expert in GIS data, databases and linking geospatial information to third party applications
– Ability to build GIS applications using JAVA and C/C++ programming skills is essential
– Highly desirable skills include an in depth understanding of the use of GIS data in a wide range of industries and applications, an understanding of both civilian and military geo Intelligence, understanding of image processing (such as mosaicking) and projection of imagery on terrain).
– Use of other GIS/modelling software packages such as ESRI, AGI STK, VBS3, TITAN and an understanding of Live Virtual and Constructive (LVC) modelling and simulation concepts would be very useful.
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.