Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH1802
Posted: May 21, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Flight Support Manager on behalf of our market leading, commercial aviation client based in Dublin. This is a permanent position however the job role can be worked remotely with occasional travel to other destinations.
The Flight Support Manager shall be responsible for the management and oversight of the technical aspects of dispatch operations, which include; providing technical guidance to Flight Operations & the OCC and ensuring all relevant processes & databases are optimised, fit for purpose, adopted appropriately & continue to meet the company’s regulatory & compliance requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the calculation of aircraft weighing reports. Produce load & trim data for company aircraft. Issue instructions for load & trim procedures. Liaison with IAA and aircraft manufacturers on weight & balance issues and ensure compliance with current IAA/EASA regulations
- Reviewing and validating weight and balance outputs from 3rd party automated W&B providers.
- Review of aircraft modifications when notified by Engineering team with respect to aircraft performance and weight & balance
- Reviewing and validating aircraft performance charts for destinations and alternates from 3rd party providers
- Amendment and update of aircraft performance manuals
- Monitoring of NOTAMS for changes for runway declared distances, obstacles etc. Liaison with IAA and aircraft manufacturer as required on performance related issues
- Reviewing company flight planning procedures and making recommendations in relation to applicable updates and company fuel policy
- Responsible for compliance of procedures for DSP as defined within IOSA ISARPS
- Preparation of flight planning data in support of operations dept. planning & budgeting
- Training of operations staff as required, in relation to performance, weight & balance and flight planning related content
Key skills and Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of aircraft flight planning systems, concepts & associated procedures
- A good understanding of weight & balance systems, concepts & associated procedures
- A good understanding of aircraft performance systems, concepts & associated procedures
- Demonstrable understanding of regulatory compliance requirements as applicable to airline operations
- Experience of working with an EFB solution
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.