Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: CD1749
Posted: April 9, 2019
Oaklands Global has been commissioned to support a leading Satellite and Telecommunications business identify and recruit a Field Support Technical Representative on a permanent basis.
This role will be based in London but require frequent international and domestic travel.
- Achieve and maintain specific customer satisfaction goals as defined by the Head of Global Field Support.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collectively with the customer airline’s maintenance, engineering and planning teams
- Monitor and analyse system and component performance to identify trends, investigate root cause and drive improvement.
- Support all technical operations related Inmarsat systems installed on the customer fleet, including but not limited to preventative maintenance, fault isolation, troubleshooting, software loading, hardware replacement and fault rectification.
- Ensure that all the required maintenance and preventative maintenance is performed in accordance with agreed contractual terms and procedures.
- Provide a comprehensive level of reporting of all technical issues and resolution actions
- Review all relevant documentation
- Provide guidance of the In flight connectivity to maintenance staff and airline personnel.
- Ensure all tooling and equipment required to maintain the In flight connectivity is available and up to date.
- Assist Line Maintenance management in the development of improved maintenance and preventative maintenance of the connectivity system.
- Provide technical and operational training to airline personnel as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or relevant vocational experience.
- Experience in aircraft maintenance including electrical and avionics installations on commercial aircraft.
- Must have a strong understanding of airline operations and air legislation
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant technologies is preferred
- Ability to interpret all technical manuals and schematics including engineering orders supporting the installation and maintenance of complex avionics systems.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to travel domestic and Internationally (extensive and frequently)
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time with short notice
- Ability to work holidays, weekends and all shifts based on airline schedules and available aircraft ground times
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.