Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Job Reference: CD1631
Posted: January 11, 2019
Oaklands Global has been commissioned to support a leading Organisation recruit an FBO Manager on a permanent basis in the West Midlands.
This role will be to lead and inspire a team to provide a first class and profitable product for corporate and specialist aviation whilst seeking to continually grow and develop opportunities and business relationships.
You will Manage the FBO facilities and coordinate and support the activities associated with the Jet Centre, its customers, staff, tenants, stakeholders and the working relationship with Airport.
This post will be based permanently in the West Midlands with 40 conditioned hours per week with requirements for early morning, late evening and some weekend work required to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the day to day management and leadership of the centre as well as for their business performance and to operate the Centres and airfield activities safely, efficiently and at all times in full accordance with the requirements of the CAA, & other Regulators.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the Centres and for leadership of the team.
• Maintain and develop corporate and specialist accounts and ensure that the customer service standards delivered are to the highest
• Ensure that all commercial opportunities are exploited with all flights, for example, the provision of fuel and additional ground handling provisions.
• Ensure that the corporate lounge facilities are promoted and provided to the required high standard
• Working with non-airport commercial teams develop new contracts and opportunities for business and growth, e.g. catering providers, hotels, cars etc.
• Manage the deployed staff ensuring training, service levels and motivation and be responsible for recruitment when required.
• Manage the P&L account – costs and income to achieve agreed budgets and targets.
• Record and report performance and opportunities within the business to the Director on a monthly basis.
• Produce the report for the monthly board detailing performance to budget and explaining the key developments in the FBOs, taking into account work for the future and any key revenue generation which could affect the business both positively or negatively.
• Maintain high standards of safety throughout, ensure all regulatory inspections are in place and manage safety awareness for our staff members and customers at the Jet Centre, reporting any defects and deficiencies within an agreed time frame
• Continually develop first class customer service skills to all staff working in-line with other Managers across the group.
• Build and maintain a customer database of regular clients to the Jet Centre especially focusing on new operators and clients.
• Maintain key participation in industry related forums, conferences and exhibitions on behalf of all group airports.
• Take the lead role in managing any abnormal event or situation involving a handled flight at the airport making sure the Director is informed especially with regards to Royal and VIP passengers in a timely manner.
• Manage, develop and monitor the level of customer services given by the Team and record this as a means of continual improvement.
• Assist, with other managers, the development of all group Airports with the vision that the airports becomes the Business Airport of Choice in that given area.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.