Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
Category: IT and Communications
Job Reference: BH1324
Posted: September 19, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Electrical Engineering Assistant on behalf of our growing Aerospace client based in West Sussex. This is a full time; permanent position and we are looking for someone to start ASAP.
The client is an interesting, growing business providing a specialist service in the aeronautical industry. Due to expansion, they’re looking for an Electronic Engineer Assistant to join their team. This position is mainly working with voltages of up to 3-phase 200v 400hz.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Testing of PCB’s
- Awareness of ESD (training will be given)
- Use of basic test equipment including digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, signal generator, psu
- Assembly and operation of bespoke test equipment
- Documenting all processes within our ISO accreditation
- Assist in diagnosis of faults
- Assist in repair of components
- Flexible and company orientated
- Willingness to learn
- Proactive and have a good attention to detail
- Knowledge of electronics (Military aircraft knowledge an advantage but not essential)
- Gather information on technical issues and report to more senior staff where appropriate
- Capability to use aptitude to recognize and respond to problems
- The ability to manage workloads, meet deadlines and be performance driven
- Previous exposure to Excel, Word and Outlook is essential
- Electronics experience (minimum 2 years)
- Good Communication skill to liaise with all levels
- A safety awareness of EHT circa 2000v
- Basic electronics knowledge (training of specialized equipment will be given)
- Ability to read electronic circuit diagrams
- Qualification in Electronics preferred but not essential
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.