Job Type: Permanent
Category: Licensed Engineers & Mechanics
Job Reference: BH1546
Posted: October 25, 2018
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Electrical Motor Engineer on behalf of our market leading VTOL client based in Karlsruhe, Germany. This is a permanent position and we are looking for someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Electrical Motor Engineer, you are experienced in the design and development of electrical motors and have a track record of designing state-of-the-art customized electrical machines. Embedded inside a multi-disciplinary team, you develop the electrical drives for the client, and contribute to the team your expertise in electrical machine design.
• Design and development of the electric motors of the vehicle
• Development of motor specification and tests
• Ensuring design alignment with the motor control logic and rotor design
• Technical supplier management
• Responsible for prototyping and industrialization of the motor design
• Participate in flight and laboratory test activities
Key skills and experience:
• Master/PhD Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar
• Professional experience designing electrical machines
• Track record of successfully completed e-machine design projects
• Familiar with all aspects of e-machine design, including mechanical, electrical and thermal aspects
• Experience with relevant software tools (e.g. MatLab, Simulink, JMAG, Ansys)
• Experience in 3D mechanical design (e.g. SolidEdge, CATIA)
• Ideally, knowledge of power electronics
• Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.