Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Category: Quality & Safety
Job Reference: OGKSCS
Posted: May 31, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an EASA Compliance Specialist onbehalf of one of their global leading aviation clients for regulatory governance purposes, the position reports to the Post-Holder Compliance & Safety, The Global Compliance & Safety Manager.
This is a permanent position.
- Manage and maintain the Compliance management and safety monitoring system within the European Business Aviation Training (BAT) center
- Provide necessary audit oversight in accordance with the compliance monitoring program
- Support the implementation of compliance & safety strategies and plans in order to contribute to the businesses strategic business objectives and initiatives
- Conduct internal audits at the UK training center, in accordance with the Compliance Monitoring & safety Programs, in order to ensure appropriate level of oversight for all approvals held under different jurisdictions, e.g. UK CAA, FAA. It may be necessary to conduct internal oversight audits at the other training centers
- Record and report results to Management, making recommendations to ensure that the organization maintains regulatory compliance as well as compliance to customer and OEM requirements. Manage 3rd party audits on external suppliers/sub-contractors when necessary.
- Plan and manage local Management Evaluations as part of regulatory governance, and which acts as the forum to report, advise and support local Management of issues raised.
- Responsible for assuring that all corrective actions are effectively managed in a timely manner, in accordance with the requirements of the Management System as agreed with stake-holders.
- Work closely with the Global Compliance & safety manager on related matters, and contribute to developing a proactive quality, safety and compliance culture across the training center network.
- Proactively work to identify systematic and process weakness within the Training Centre and work with the Training Centre Leader to continually improve the performance of operations
- Assess feedback from recognized/external bodies and OEMs, and integrate and implement recommendations and applicable standards into the Management System as appropriate.
- Conduct compliance and safety briefings for all staff at the Burgess Hill Training Centre.
- Relevant college or university degree in a technical field , or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broad experience of working in the aviation industry – ideally in a pilot training, aircraft operations or simulator training center environment
- Prior experience of working with Aviation Regulators and Airline customers will be of benefit
- Accredited Lead Auditor/Auditor qualification
- Good knowledge of Aviation regulations, Quality Management Systems and the latest quality standards and processes
- Ability to work in a global, matrix organisation across different levels, in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience of, or ability to quickly learn, the company’s quality and compliance software management system software and provide relevant internal training on its use and application
- A good understanding of customer service principles.
- Good knowledge and experience of bespoke IT support systems (TCOM) as well as Microsoft Office tools with the ability to work with modern communications tools, e.g. Skype, SharePoint, etc.
- Highly organized, team player attitude
- Strong listening and observing skills
- Strong drive in promoting a quality, safety and compliance culture.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to present the organization in an effective way to relevant authorities.
- Ability to delegate for the Global Compliance & Safety Manager.
- Fluent in English
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Kathryn Sainsbury in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.