Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Job Reference: WFDOE
Posted: October 26, 2021
Oaklands Global has been retained by our established and expanding Aviation client to source a Director of Engineering to join the business on a permanent basis in the Middle East.
Principal Role Objectives
- To control the airworthiness of the company’s fleet of aircraft.
- To ensure compliance with all local CAA requirements applicable to the continued airworthiness function.
- To provide leadership to the Engineering team such that staff are engaged with the business and are prepared to go the extra distance when required.
- To ensure all maintenance activity is appropriately planned such that it can be executed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To oversee all significant outsourced maintenance activity including the negotiation of appropriate maintenance agreements.
- To operate as the Post Holder for the Control and Scheduling of Maintenance.
- To remain aware of and investigate where appropriate, future technology trends that may be of benefit to the business
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Significant experience at a senior level within the aircraft maintenance environment sufficient to meet the requirements of the relevant CAA.
- Demonstrated competence at managing aircraft maintenance programs, reliability programs and aircraft configuration.
- In depth knowledge of typical Rules relating to airworthiness.
- Experience with electronic maintenance control systems.
- Experience at dealing with Regulators and customers.
- Tertiary qualification and/or experience in a technical or business management field.
- Attentive to detail and pragmatic in approach.
- A competent communicator with an ability to command respect.
Please note the above description is an overview only and a full specification and role responsibilities profile will be provided to successfully shortlisted candidates.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to William Finden in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.