Job Type: Permanent
Category: Design & Development
Job Reference: CD1509
Posted: September 27, 2018
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an experienced CNC Setter / Operator to join a reputable aerospace client on a permanent basis based in Bedfordshire.
• Prepare and operate 3-, 4- and 5-axis CNC milling machines (new machining centers arriving in phases throughout the next year).
• Understand the task at hand by reading engineering drawings and achieve the desired result by following machining instructions (program master records).
• Prepare and load raw materials (high-grade steels, aluminium) and parts onto the machines.
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks, making any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare to drawing dimensions/tolerances.
• Record data of machining operations on Route Cards.
To be considered for the role;
• The ideal applicant will be a time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a CNC Setter/Operator.
Essential skills are:
• The ability to interpret engineering drawings and CAD models.
• Competent and confident to set and operate 3- and 4-axis vertical CNC milling machines.
• Online programming experience, to improve machining performance.
• Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
• Proficient to set and operate 5-axis vertical milling machines (on-the-job training will be provided, where timescales permit).
• Offline programming experience (familiarity with Delcam PowerMill and PowerShape is highly preferable).
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Share this job