Chief Engineer (Rotary)
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Chief Engineer on behalf of one of our leading clients based within the United Kingdom.
- Ensures the highest quality and safety standard and promotes awareness of Human Factors.
- Reports on daily basis directly to the Maintenance Lead and to the Maintenance Manager as required.
- Reports via the occurrence reporting system all conditions of the aircraft or a component which constitute a safety hazard and all occurrences which are identified as mandatory occurrence reports.
- Ensures correct following and performance of all maintenance instructions as detailed in the approved maintenance data used.
- Supervises correct handling of all unscheduled maintenance and repairs in communication with the CAMO / operator.
- Ensures all performed maintenance is properly recorded in the work file and all the tasks properly certified.
- Ensures all aircraft receive a proper Certificate of Release to Service (CRS) after each maintenance action and ensures a General Verification Check is performed as detailed in the MOE before issuing a CRS.
- Be the direct link between the Part-145 MO and the CAMO / operator. Responsible for the communication of technical issues with the CAMO and operator.
- Ensures all components removed from an aircraft are properly labelled in accordance with the MOE procedures and all components installed on an aircraft have the proper airworthiness documents available before installation.
- Ensures unserviceable parts are quarantined and separated from the serviceable parts.
- Manages approved (internal) workshops in regard to staff, qualifications, workload, tools, specialized equipment, parts and documentation.
- Assists the Maintenance Lead during authority audits, customer audits and internal audits.
- Assists the Maintenance Lead to take corrective actions on audit findings in close communication with QHSE and Maintenance Manager
- Ensures that each individual maintenance project/action has sufficient manpower allocated with the appropriate qualifications.
- Requests contractors in case the workload is higher than capacity.
- Ensures sufficient Certifying Staff are supervising the works performed by contractors or trainees, respecting the ratio between personnel and contractors.
- Ensures that Certifying Staff and Support Staff performing additional hours on top of their scheduled hours do so respecting the duty and fatigue limitations specified in the MOE and report exceedances as per MOE procedure.
- Performs competence assessments of engineers and MO admin staff as per MOE procedures.
- Guides the team and assist in their work when necessary.
- Responsible for yearly objectives setting and reviewing of the team.
- Constantly manages the team in order to develop and improve the achievements of the individual and of the team.
- Ensures written shift handovers and handovers between back-to-back Chief Engineers are done in an appropriate manner as per MOE procedures.
- Ensures error capturing methods are performed and taken into consideration when performing maintenance work.
- Ensures Independent Inspections (RII) are performed on all safety critical tasks.
- Ensures current and applicable documentation is used for all maintenance works.
- Acknowledges new documents in Q-pulse on a regular basis and advises the engineers during the toolbox meetings of any relevant updates.
- Nominates Dock Chiefs for each maintenance project.
- Responsible for storage of all tools (basic tools, special tools and calibrated tools), keeping them complete and serviceable and quarantine unserviceable tools.
- Responsible for the tool control procedures and starting the missing tools procedure as the situation occurs.
- Responsible for the control of POL products and the expiry checks.
- EASA or CAA B1.3 or B2 License holder – ideally C holder
- Been an engineer for ideally 10 years’
- Experience as a team leader
- Ideally held or holds a type rating on AW139, AW169 or H175
Why Work With Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.