Job Type: Permanent
Category: Technical Services
Job Reference: DM1845
Posted: November 29, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Carpet Technician on behalf of our client that offers one of the broadest ranges of cabin products and services available in the market. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated, flexible Carpet Technician, working a 40 hour week Monday to Thursday weekly.
- Repair aircraft seats and other non-electrical aircraft interior components. To CMM, SB and Part 145 regulations/standards.
- Complete seat work sheet and file Job I.A.W 145 standards.
- To cut & over lock and fit aircraft carpets.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the relevant quality standards both from a customer requirement and CAA compliance.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately, in a timely manner and available at all times for auditing purposes.
- Take full responsibility for quality of workmanship and working practices within the cabin.
- Take full responsibility for tools and materials, ensure they are fully accounted for and any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- Carry out work in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety and for that of your colleagues as set out in the Health and Safety Policy.
- Follow all necessary security procedures both within the Hangar and airside.
- To perform the job in line with the Company’s policies and procedures which may be obtained from your supervisor, department manager or the Quality Manager.
- If required support the Gatwick Hangar Engineering team.
Experience and Qualifications
- City and Guilds in an appropriate engineering and/or aviation subject
- Previous experience as a mechanical fitter
- Light engineering tools and practices Mechanical fitting
- Part 145 regulations and standards
- Safe working practices
- Driving licence
- Be good at communication & a team player
- Pro-active & self-motivated
- Well organised
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions and procedures
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Duncan MacDonald in confidence. Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.