Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH2361
Posted: March 20, 2020
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting Buyer’s on behalf of our reputable business aviation client based in Hampshire. We are looking to recruit an Associate Buyer along with an experienced Buyer both of which are permanent roles. These positions require someone to start ASAP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops sources of supply and obtains information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc. and ensures all applicable data is current at supplier.
- Solicits quotes, conducts bid evaluations, evaluates costs, negotiates optimum delivery schedules and ensures the best combination of price, quantity discount, product quality, standard terms and conditions, and where appropriate, supports the establishment of long term agreements such as Master Orders and Blanket Purchase Agreements.
- Communicates with User departments such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Planning, Facilities and other departments as necessary to ensure their requirements are met.
- Prepares definitive purchase orders, including terms and conditions, makes award, administers contracts with suppliers within budgetary limitations, and ensures schedules are met.
- Monitors supplier performance, and prepares reports and other records pertaining to the items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories, as applicable.
- Resolves problems related to purchasing, delivery, receiving and payment to the supplier; determines source of the problem and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinates administration of and response to all contract related documentation to include the requirement to review, coordinate, negotiate and implement changes to the contract.
- Supports the make-or-buy review and decision process.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must have or working towards Level 6 CIPS
- Experience as a Buyer/Purchasing within the Aviation industry
- Preferably within Business Aviation
- Degree in Business Administration or related field desirable
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency for this position.