Job Type: Permanent
Category: Technical Services
Job Reference: CD1652
Posted: January 23, 2019
Oakland Global is Looking to recruit a Buyer on a permanent basis for a leading Aerospace client. This role is permanently based in Dorset, offering a competitive package.
As a Buyer your key skills and qualifications will include:
• Experience working in a supply chain organization
• Previous experience as a Buyer within a technology/engineering/manufacturing company (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
• Experience in influencing and or negotiating
• Supplier Relationship management
• Technical knowledge of commodities being managed
• Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
As a Buyer your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure all Purchase Orders are acknowledged by the vendor base
• Action MRP exception messages, schedule ins/out and cancellations in a timely manner
• Review and manage the open Purchase Order book MRP to ensure component/service deliveries are delivered in line with requirements
• Ensure latest projected dates of supply dates from vendors are maintained accurately on the ERP system to ensure production lines of balance are accurate
• Manage the communication embodiment of change making amendments to requirements, schedule and price as required
• Data owner for all supply master data and procurement elements of plan for each part
• Monitor delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to need.
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers,
• Ensure timely disposition and return of any non-conforming supplier material ensuring rapid replenishment to support production need.
• Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors; negotiating price changes with vendors
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.