Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £60,000
Job Reference: OGKSBDM
Posted: May 10, 2019
Oaklands Global are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for one of their Global leading aviation clients. This role will be reporting into the Managing Director. You will be working closely with the Commercial Manager, Business Managers and existing Account Managers.
Based in Farnborough but will involve extensive travel in the UK and occasional visits overseas.
Salary up to £60,000
Responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for developing and closing new sales opportunities across the portfolio of services including Aircraft Management (private clients and major corporations) and Special Missions (Air Ambulance, Military, Government).
- Engage with marketing department to generate effective and targeted marketing collateral
- Build and maintain thorough understanding of services offered by our Client.
- Build sales strategy across this remit, predominantly by winning new accounts
- Using network and market intelligence to generate and maintain likely market trends and competitor analysis to support market position strategy
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships whilst being aware of the varying customer cultures
- Proactively generate leads and sales opportunities
- Develop sales strategies, closure plan and commercial response to convert these opportunities to revenue to hit target sales numbers for year
- Generate forecast statements to reflect out-turn of sales by month, quarter and full year
- Generate win/loss analysis reports to inform future positioning strategy and bid development
- Be aware of the other services the Gama group of companies offer and identify potential secondary sales opportunities
Skills and Experience:
- The relevant individual must have a proven track record and experience in sales and business development within Corporate/Business Aviation Services
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment and maintain composure under pressure
- Be prepared to accept responsibility and work autonomously as well as part of a team
- A wide knowledge of Business Aviation and associated support services
- Numerate with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Organisational and time management skills
- Good knowledge and use of IT skills
- The relevant candidate would need to be able to travel as this role involves extensive travel within the UK with occasional visits overseas.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Kathryn Sainsbury in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.