Job Type: Permanent
Category: Licensed Engineers & Mechanics
Job Reference: BH1548
Posted: October 25, 2018
Battery Systems Engineer
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Battery Systems Engineer on behalf of our market leading VTOL client based in Karlsruhe, Germany. This is a permanent position and we are looking for someone to start ASAP.
The client’s state-of-the-art battery systems are key to making the vehicles extremely safe to fly. With your specific experience in integrating batteries into mobility systems you contribute directly to the constant improvement of this unique safe and simple flight experience. As an integral part of our system development team you are the interface between our designer team and our battery suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Assist in the development of a new battery system
– Evaluate battery architectures regarding efficiency, safety, costs, production
– Define and document requirements on system, sub-system and component level
– Research, select and coordinate components and suppliers
– Track development process and production/delivery status
– Define test protocols, coordinate battery system tests with external test facilities and evaluate test results on component, sub-system and system levels
Key skills and experience:
– MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering
– Relevant experience in the development of Li-Ion battery systems including requirements definition, battery layout, BMS architecture, high voltage components
– Knowledge regarding Li-Ion safety issues and mitigation strategies as well as reliability assessment
– Experience in Requirements Engineering
– Ability to link theoretical analysis results to practical design decisions
– Knowledge of technical guidelines for batteries in automotive or aerospace (e.g. ECE-R100, DO 311).
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.