Job Type: Permanent
Category: Technical Services
Posted: August 8, 2018
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an Aviation Operations Engineer on behalf of our reputable aerospace client. This role will be based in London.
• Ensure high network availability
• Delivery of service support towards Airline Customers and End Users.
• Performance management of the Network and Aircraft
• Ensure services and end to end infrastructure is functioning correctly
• Adhere to the necessary processes/procedures
• Contribute to proactively improve service systems and support
• Contribute to create efficient operational and technical processes/procedures
• Communicate Network/System status to the relevant key holders
• Participate in a rotating – 24/7 on call
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong Linux knowledge (CentOS/Redhat)
• Experience in virtualisation and configuration of VM Ware/oVirt environment
• Database administration (SQL/PostGRES)
• Knowledge of ServiceNow, JIRA, ICINGA, Nagios
• Knowledge of Operations support within an enterprise environment
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of DevOps and ITIL
• Experience with 3G or 4G mobile networks and user terminals
• GX and/or VSAT experience
• Experience working on Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
• Aviation experience
• Excellent PC skills with knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, Database programs and Web based systems.
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Business relation to this vacancy.
Share this job