Job Type: Permanent
Category: Quality & Safety
Job Reference: CD1611
Posted: January 2, 2019
Oaklands Global has been commissioned to support a leading Regulatory Body with the development and implementation of the new Innovation Department. We are currently looking to recruit an Autonomous Systems Specialist to be based in the South of England.
This role will be to support the development and delivery of the businesses Innovation Regulatory Lab and Regulatory Sandbox through the contribution of advanced knowledge, experience and advice.
You will utilise your expert knowledge and experience in software development, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science to interpret the challenges presented in an increasingly automated safety critical environment, and seek solutions with other interested partners.
• Develop policy positions and regulatory responses to new and emerging trends in software development, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science.
• Engage with key stakeholders in the UK and internationally who are involved in software development, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science for the aviation market to develop appropriate regulatory responses.
• Identify gaps in existing aviation regulations and frameworks as they apply to software development, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science and building relevant responses.
• Work across the innovation function to ensure that learnings are applied to testing in the regulatory sandbox and communicated internally and externally via the innovation gateway.
• Contribute to the development of the companies corporate knowledge and understanding of software development, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science.
• Understanding of complexities of innovation and increased automation and the ability to apply that within a regulatory context.
• Strong understanding of software development, automation and artificial intelligence, ideally applied in an Internet of Things context.
• Deep technical knowledge is not required but an appreciation of the technology, and a thorough understanding of the business and economic models is.
• Ability to analyse complex systems and data and synthesise information to reach well informed judgments which can be shared with diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated experience of convening and leading multi-stakeholder discussions on complex technical topics.
• Experience of developing and participating in collaborative R&D projects.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.