Job Type: Permanent
Category: Air Traffic Controller
Job Reference: BH1405
Posted: September 25, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Air Traffic Control Operations Supervisor on behalf of our well-established Air Navigation Service Provider based in the South East. This is a permanent position however we are considering consultancy contractors and fixed term contracts.
This position is vital to the effective and efficient running of the operation. The role ensures a smooth and safe operation including: the effective co-ordination between Tower, Airfield, Terminal Control and other core services, managing the seating plan, responding to occurrences and events that effect the operation including the coordination and management of emergencies and incidents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- At the start of each duty: ensure familiarisation with the Handover sheet, checking all NOTAMs, Briefing and Airfield statuses. Assess the traffic situation and understand any restrictions that maybe in force. Check weather forecasts and MET information
- Staff Management: including safe and efficient allocation to positions (seating plan), managing attendance, performance management including drugs and alcohol and staff communication
- During the shift: ensure all documentation and the Watch Log are cleared and up to date and the Handover sheet reflects flow rates, MDIs or Airfield issues
- Actively monitor and manage standards of the operation
- Ensure the operation is protected and above the minimum staffing levels, working with the Watch Managers as necessary, and when safe to do so, adjusting staffing requirements (i.e. in response to sickness) utilising AVAAs, EVAAs and Overtime as appropriate
- Make arrangements to cover sickness and staffing shortages, and update sickness records, the Watch Log and the Roster
- Manage the seating plan to maximise the OJTI / Trainee time in position, whilst looking out for the wellbeing of the Trainee and the OJTI
- Liaise with Terminal Control (TC) to manage the inbound flow rates and spacing requirements
- If necessary, liaise with NMOC to regulate outbound issues (i.e. CTOT issues or Flight suspensions)
- Alerting action and the management of emergency situations, emergency runway closures, diversions and ATC incidents.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous ATCO License with validation at a major Airport is essential
- Previous experience of ATC Safety Management Systems
- Experience in London TMA or similar high-density European Airport
- Have previously held ATC Safety accountabilities
- Demonstrate extensive experience in an operational role within Air Traffic Management
- Extensive knowledge of Air Traffic Systems and ATC safety management systems and regulations
- Experience in coordinating work within a diverse team and across all departments
- Excellent English language skills both verbal and written coupled with excellent Stakeholder Management skills
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.